The first stage that you should know about web designing is control panel .control panel is a system which helps you to manage one or many hosts . undoubtedly for whom are in the beginning of learning and initiation of a website , knowing the kinds of existing control panel and their capability and advantages is important . in this topic we introduce one of most popular and simplest in the world .
What is Plesk ?
after purchasing host and domain ,the next move of creating a website is choosing a proper control panel for web management.Existing control panels depending on the type of hosting, can be installed on Windows or Linux operating system
plesk is a control panel which can be used on both servers .
Support for both operating systems has caused this control panel to attract the attention of many webmasters.
Plesk has a simple user interface and you do not need any special technical knowledge to manage it.
What is the usage of plesk ?
For proper management, what is a priority is its sustainability;A factor that is well observed in the plesk control panel. Server management can use this system to configure all reseller accounts, emails and DNS inputs through the web interface. The simple user interface of plesk control panel makes it easy to install WordPress, Joomla or other content management systems. plesk hosting is updating its server constantly .Therefore, compared to other competing control panels, it is offered in proportion to different versions of Windows and Linux.fast installation , high speed and adjusting for different languages are some of features that have made this system popular for many users .
Acquaintance with Plesk control panel and how it works
As mentioned earlier , the plesk control panel runs on both linux and windows operating systems .
to open a website you do not need programming knowledge and professionalism in the coding necessarily .
By designing graphical interfaces, users with a lower level of knowledge can easily manage their site.
you do not need any special training to acquainted with plesk control panel .Everything you need to manage and configure the site is in front of you.
one of the attractions of plesk control panel is its plugins . plugins make it even easier for users and provide them with great features .
The set of plugins designed for Plesk is classified into three groups:
|Commercial extensions||Free extensions||Feature Pack|
Plesk events in slack
Node .js 1.2
Server Security Pack
Email Security Pack1
Email Security Pack2
Additional Language Pack
Among the various plugins designed for the plesk control panel, the following are the most useful plugins:
to increase website speed.Of course, if your site takes more than 3 seconds to load, more than 57% of the audience will close the page.
Once installed, it analyzes all sections of the website and provides a system performance report to the admin.
for website security . this plugin completes the server restart without any effect on system performance by installing patches and fixing bugs .
SEO toolkit for content managment . by using this plugin you can improve your website ranking in serach engines.Competitors analysis, visit monitoring, site accounting, … . can be done easily with the help of this plugin.
to create a website. WordPress is the king of site building, everyone knows it. Over 42% of online stores use WordPress.
for back up . protect your server data with plesk’s acronis back up extension. back up companies often use this plugin to back up all their customers easily .
Kaspersky Antivirus for Servers
for email. Use this antivirus to prevent threats to your mail servers. This plugin scans all incoming and outgoing emails and removes dangerous code.
for integration. Git is a popular version of the control system known for its high speed, integration, and ability to distribute data nonlinearly. More than 70% of web developers use this plugin as the main method of resource management.
Security in plesk control panel
Security is a very important factor on which all the control panels designed are focused. Due to the high skill of hackers and cyber attacks, users need a safe and highly protected environment. Plesk, as a hosting platform, has a high level of security.
Several firewalls and tools such as Revisium Antivirus and Fail2ban and anti-spam emails protect Plesk from hackers.
Advantages of using Plesk
The statistics recorded to date show the high popularity of the plesk control panel. Among the reasons that have gained users’ satisfaction, the following can be mentioned:
- High security system
- High speed
- Support for PHP and ASP.net programming language
- Support for MSSQL & MySQL data bases
- Compatibility with kaspersky antivirus
- Web optimizing management
- Domain and sub domain management
- easy and fast installation of different cms
- Free trial: Unlike other available control panels, Plesk allows the user to test for free before purchase and use.
- Easy resources :Plesk requires minimal resources to work. from now on this system is very light and compact.
- Preferred choice for Windows: Most Windows server users prefer the plesk control panel.
Disadvantages of using plesk
Despite all its features, the plesk control panel needs to be upgraded in some ways, which some users refer to as shortcomings of this system.
The plesk control panel, for all its capabilities, needs to be upgraded in some ways, which some users refer to as shortcomings of this system.
Security Concerns: Although the plesk control panel today has taken drastic measures to address security vulnerabilities, there is a history of security concerns in this regard.
Data backup and recovery: The plesk control panel performs much better than its competitors in many ways;But it needs to be improved in terms of data recovery.
Backing up and restoring requires a lot of free space. Especially in cases where large files need to be transferred to another server.
Complexity: Although it has a simple user interface, unlike c panel, installing scripts is not easy. So beginners need to get more used to the space.
Why we use plesk
To clarify the answer to this question, it is better to get acquainted with the main features and capabilities that this powerful control panel provides you:
- FTP(File Transfer Protocol)
- File management (Includes setting access, deleting or adding new folders, uploading files and creating virtual directories)
- Mail box management ( Delete or add mail box, change password, send mail box to another mail box,Create auto reply status , set mailbox space and activate Anti-spam, Anti-virus)
- Default website page management
- Website back up management
- Database management including (deleting or adding database, adding or deleting user, changing password)
- Use database online without using Query Analyzer or Enterprise Manager .
What are the features of the new version of Plesk?
To date , the latest version released by plesk is the plesk obsidian , which was made available to users in 2019 .
the features that this version provides to its audience include the following :
- Advanced Monitoring & Grafana Extensions :This option shows the current state of the server and its performance using graphs .it is also possible to adjust the information on the status of resource consumption .
- Improved File Manager UX: In previous versions, we faced restrictions on uploading files with different extensions . In this version it is possible to upload files with RAR, TAR, TAR.GZ, and TGZ extensions.
- What feature can be better than the auto repair?The Repair Kit option in the new version allows you to automatically check the system and fix problems. On the other hand, in this section, it is possible to check the current status of RAM, CPU and HARD.
- Server-side restrictions for Plesk Admins: This version allows you to impose restrictions on other admins.
- SNI for Mail Services: The new update is safer than the previous one. With the new version of the plesk control panel, emails are sent with much higher security. This is because SNI is supported by two security structures, Postfix and MailEnable
Each of these control panels has unique features, and the customer must choose the most appropriate option according to their needs and the type of operating system they have. All in all, users looking for easy user space and a great graphical user interface at a lower cost can use the plesk control panel.