Google easily penalizes websites that violate its guidelines and try to trick Google’s top rankings. This penalty, which is known as site penalty in Google, is one of the biggest problems that can happen to different website owners. In this article from the Fa host knowledge base, we are trying to teach you the reason for being fined by Google and how to fix the Google penalty .
A website may be penalized by the search engine for not following some of Google’s guidelines. The Google penalty is such that it takes the website to the bottom of the search results and practically makes the site visitable through the Google search engine zero.
How do we know that our site has been penalized in Google?
The reasons for the need to fix the Google penalty
If a website is fined and penalized by Google, if you don’t act on time, all the efforts made for that website may be lost. Because the page or pages of the site will be downgraded to the final results of Google and practically no user can see it anymore. In the following, you can see the reasons for the site being penalized in Google and how to remove the Google penalty for each of them in a comprehensive and step-by-step manner. check the details of this incident through the manual actions section of the Google search console. It will be possible to
1. Spam created by users
If you are the owner of a blog, forum, social network or membership site with public profiles, you may experience a site penalty based on the behavior of your website visitors and members. User-generated spam can include blog comments, forum posts, and profiles that are spammy in nature. According to the size of the website, the number of users and the amount of content posted by the user, you may have a difficult path ahead of you to resolve the Google penalty.
How to prevent spam comments in WordPress
In order to remove the Google penalty regarding spam: you must first read the instructions of Google Webmaster regarding spam. Then follow the steps below to identify and correct your violation:
- Users can usually add content to your website in forums, blog comments and profiles. Identify pages where users can post content.
- Look for profiles whose usernames are advertising or posts that are made with the purpose of advertising or linking to topics outside the scope of the website.
- To discover spam content, you can search for your desired keyword in Google after site:example.com to see if spam is displayed on your site with this keyword or not.
- Any inappropriate content on your website should be removed in order to remove the Google penalty.
- Once you have ensured that there is no more spam content on your website, it is time to submit a review request to Google through your search console.
The hosting service is spammed
If your website is hosted by a server that has a lot of spam sites on it, your website may also be considered as one of those sites and be penalized by Google.
In such a situation, it is better to proceed in the following way to remove the Google penalty:
- You should contact your web hosting service provider and inform them about your site being penalized due to spam content placed on the hosting. Ask them to solve this problem as soon as possible. You can also transfer your website to a reliable and reliable server so that you don’t face such a problem again or even change your web hosting company.
- After solving the problem, in order to remove the Google penalty, you should send your appeal to Google using your search console account and wait for it to review the issue.
2. Problems related to structured data
If Google determines that some of the structured data placed on your website violates Google’s markup guidelines, it will penalize your website. For example, misleading irrelevant markup is used or structured data created by users is not visible.
How to make the site display in Google more attractive? How to add Schema Markup in WordPress
Fixing the problems of the site being penalized due to structured data: in this case, to fix the Google penalty, you should proceed as follows:
- Make sure that the markup used on your website complies with the guidelines provided by Google. You may have to update or delete the used structured data along the way.
- After applying the desired changes to remove the Google penalty, register a review request in your search console. If Google ensures that the problem is fixed, it will remove the penalty.
3. Unnatural links to the website
This penalty occurs when unnatural links are given to your website. Regarding these links, Google takes two procedures.
- In the first case, Google’s diagnosis is that the control of unnatural links is out of your reach. In such a case, without applying any penalty, it only asks you to remove the links that you can control.
- In the second case, Google believes that you have used this link building to deceive the search engine. The result is a downgrade in Google results and a penalty.
Proceed as follows to remove the Google penalty in this regard:
- After reading Google Webmaster’s instructions regarding link building, download the list of links given to your website through the Links section of the Google search . console
- Then check which of them violated Google’s rules and caused the site to be penalized by Google.
- Then contact the administrator of the website and ask them to remove the given links or to nofollow them. You can also use disavow links in Google Search Console to disable links that you cannot remove.
- After deleting or disabling the desired links, send a review request through the Google search console and wait for Google’s review.
Full tutorial on disavowing backlinks