With prices soaring again Bitcoin And Ethereum After that, the rest of digital currencies, after two or three years, the fever of mining has spread again and the mining graphics cards market has heated up again.
Of course, this situation and its reasonable income may tempt many to enter this field, but the dramatic increase in the price of mining equipment, especially graphics cards, whose prices seem to be based on the daily price of Ethereum, is a major obstacle to this.
With the obsolescence of 4GB cards (for the Ethash algorithm), the price of cards with 6GB or more has doubled or tripled in the last few months, making buying a powerful graphics card a dream for many gamers. .
The price increase forced a company like Nvidia to install special hardware and software barriers to lower awareness (or extraction power) on the RTX 3060 TI (one of the company’s most affordable cards). , To introduce some new cards for extraction, which of course have not been released to the market yet.
Unfortunately, this perspective often causes us to become overwhelmed when it’s time to start a project. This will make it easier for you to get back on track and make a profit. However, in this article, I will introduce the top graphics cards for extracting digital currencies every year.
What is graphics cards extraction?
Extracting many digital currencies such as Ethereum, Classic Ethereum, Raven Quinn and dozens of other digital currencies requires the use of graphics card processing power.
Graphics card extraction generally involves assembling a computer system with powerful graphics cards, then installing an operating system (such as Windows) on your system, and then installing mining software on your system and connecting. You can start mining and earning money at an extraction pool. To systems collected for mining, Mining sand They also say.
In short, every graphics card (GPU) has a processing power, which in the field of mining is called hash rate or hash rate (Hashrate). Keep in mind that the hash rate of each mining graphics card on each digital currency, or more precisely on each algorithm, can be different. Graphics card activity also requires power consumption, and each GPU has a specific power consumption.
To determine the profit of mining, you must enter the processing power of your graphics cards along with their power consumption in an extraction calculator. T
The Best Mining Graphics Card to extract in 2021
Before introducing the cards, we need to emphasize that the percentage of chances of making a profit through extraction is very variable and depends on many factors. On the other hand, we should not forget the update called EIP 1559 Ethereum, which will be implemented in the next few months.
This update is designed to reduce and stabilize Ethereum China blockchain transaction fees and can reduce miners’ revenue. Of course, it is also possible that reducing transaction fees and burning part of it in each cycle will increase the price of tokens; But it is very difficult to predict in this case.
Our selections in this list are based on computing power (price), price, power consumption, time required to return the investment and their availability (based on today’s Ethereumand dollar prices).
Nvidia’s RTX 3090 and AMD’s RX 6900 XT have been removed from the list due to their high price and risk of purchase, and the RTX 3060 TI mining graphics card has been removed due to restrictions imposed by Nvidia.
Of course, hackers seem to have removed the restrictions of this card, but to use it, the card must be connected to the monitor and the riser should not be used. Therefore, we do not recommend buying this card until the status of this card is determined.
Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card
- Strengths : Reasonable price, Excellent price awareness, Low power consumption, Most high quality games
5000 series of mining graphics cards of the company AMDExcellent in extraction. With a power consumption of about 130 watts, this card can reach a hash rate equivalent to 50 to 54 MHz (depending on the type of memory).
Of course, the regular 5700 series can achieve the same numbers with the appropriate BIOS mode and settings; But buying the XT series is a better choice in our opinion.
Features of Radeon RX 5700 XT
- Ethash: About 55 MHz
- Awareness in Zhash: About 48 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1,670 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,905 MHz
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR6
- Power consumption: 130 watts
Radeon RX 5600 XT graphics card
- Strengths : Reasonable price, very low power consumption, reasonable temperature, Suitable for high quality online games
This mining graphics card with suitable settings and using the latest version of Teamredminer software can achieve a hash rate of 40 to 43 MHz with a power consumption of about 110 watts and its price is much lower than 5700.
Of course, this card is not suitable for gaming with high detail and 4K quality; But in 1080 quality, it has a very good performance and is close to Nvidia 2060 card.
Features of Radeon RX 5600 XT
- Ethash: About 40.5 MHz
- Awareness in Zhash: About 38 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1,130 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,560 MHz
- Memory: 6 GB GDDR6
- Power consumption: 110 watts
GeForce RTX 2060 Super graphics card
- Strengths : Reasonable price, high memory bandwidth, high alertness due to price
- Weaknesses : The absolute superiority of the 3000 series cards over this generation in running games
Most of the 6 GB cards above the Nvidia 2000 series are close to each other and between 40 and 44 megabytes, so it is better to choose the cheapest ones to buy. With a consumption of 140 watts, this card can achieve an alertness of 40 to 44 megabytes, which is very noticeable considering its price. The 2000 series cards may no longer have that appeal to gamers; But their power to play games cannot be ignored.
Features of GeForce RTX 2060 Super
- Ethash: About 40 megabytes per second
- Base frequency: 1,470 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,650 MHz
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR6
- Power consumption: 140 watts
Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card
- Strengths : Low price, availability, acceptable gaming power
- Weaknesses : Stop production, unreasonable pricing in the market
Most Polaris-designed graphics cards, which include the 8GB 470, 480, 570, 580, and 590GB cards, use approximately the same power consumption and alertness. With proper overclocking and power consumption of about 130 watts, this architecture can reach an alert between 28 and 32 MHz. Just remember not to buy 4GB cards.
The weakness of this series is its old design. It has been about 4 years since these cards were released and this will make it difficult for you to sell them in the future. In addition, almost all 580 Series Mining graphics cards on the market are second-hand or remanufactured, and you should make sure they are in good condition at the time of purchase.
Features of Radeon RX 580 8GB
- Ethash: About 30.5 MHz
- Awareness in Zhash: About 21 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1,257 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,340 MHz
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5
- Power consumption: 130 watts
GeForce GTX 1660 Super graphics card
- Strengths : Very low power consumption, computing power of AMD RX 580, reasonable price
The price of this card is slightly lower than the price of 580 series cards; But this is not because of the higher quality of the 580 cards, but simply because of the false positive atmosphere created for them.
Interestingly, before the re-epidemic of mining fever, the price of these cards was higher than the 580 series. The alertness of this card varies between 26 and 30 MHz with 90 watts of power consumption. This card has a very good performance in playing new games.
Features of GeForce GTX 1660 Super
- Ethash: About 29.30 MHz
- Awareness in Zhash: About 33 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1.530 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,785 MHz
- Memory: 6 GB GDDR6
- Power consumption: 90 watts
Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card
- Strengths : Excellent computing power, high memory bandwidth , Nvidia 1080 and 2060 card gaming power , good processing performance of other algorithms
- Weaknesses : Sophisticated settings for overclocking, old architecture
AMD’s Vega Series cards with expensive HBM memory may be out of date (for other uses); But their power to extract cannot be denied. These cards can overclock to 42 to 48 megawatts by overclocking and depending on their type of memory consuming about 170 watts.
Of course, getting these cards in the Iranian market is not an easy task, and dealing with their settings is not recommended for inexperienced people.
Features of Radeon RX Vega 56
- Ethash: About 45 megabytes per second
- Awareness in Zhash: About 34 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1,156 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,471 MHz
- Memory: 8 GB HBM2
- Power consumption: 170 watts
Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card
- Strengths : AMD’s best card for extracting and running games, high computing power, reasonable price, great gaming performance
AMD’s Big Navi cards are excellent and effective in mining. With a consumption of 150 watts, these cards can easily reach the 65MHz, and due to their cheaper price than the 6900 XT, these cards are the best choice in this series.
Features of Radeon RX 6800 XT
- Ethash: About 64 MHz
- Awareness in Zhash: About 90 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1.825 MHz
- Boost frequency: 2,250 MHz
- Memory: 16 GB GDDR6
- Power consumption: 150 watts
GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card
- Strengths : The best gaming card on the market in terms of price, the highest alert after RTX 3090
- Weaknesses : یمت High price
The price of this mining graphics card is about twice that of its rival, the 6800 XT. This card is the fastest card in the world after RTX 3090, both in terms of gaming power and extraction power, and it seems to be a better choice due to its cheaper price. With a power consumption of about 230 watts, this card can achieve an alert between 95 and 100 MHz, and another positive point is the unparalleled performance that it shows in playing games. The RTX 3080 card runs games with the highest possible detail and supports all the technologies used in next generation games.
Features of GeForce RTX 3080
- Ethash: About 91.5 MHz
- Awareness in Zhash: About 134 hashes per second
- Base frequency: 1.440 MHz
- Boost frequency: 1,710 MHz
- Memory: 10 GB GDDR6X
- Power consumption: 230 watts
The last word
Finally, we must add that this article is not a shopping guide and in it, we have tried to offer you the best offer to buy a mining graphics card, considering the price situation of dollars and digital currencies.
Remember that entering this market is always risky due to its unreasonable pricing and volatile nature, and everyone has to do their own thing and enter their own research to enter it and buy the equipment that suits their needs. do it.
Also note that the figures given for the alertness and power consumption of the cards may vary slightly depending on the hardware, temperature, settings and type of operating system used.