It is interesting to know that with the help of Windows Firewall in Windows, you can easily restrict the programs installed on your system to the desired Internet access.
As you know, many computer programs need Internet access to update or check the activation code entered in them, in addition to consuming your Internet volume if the software is cracked After a while, you will encounter the error that the program serial number is fake and the program will be unavailable.
It may also be in some applications due to internet accessYou will encounter annoying ads that are annoying to you and the only way to get rid of them is to restrict the application to the Internet. But what is the right solution in this situation?
In this article, we are going to teach you how to block programs from accessing the Internet with the help of Windows Firewall.
How to Block a Program with Windows Firewall
1. First, enter Windows Firewall in the Windows search field, then click on Windows Defender Firewall in the search results. You can also enter this page from the Windows Control Panel.
2. In the page that opens, from the left menu, click on Advanced Settings.
3. Now in the new page, click on the Outbound Rules option from the left menu.
4. Then click on the New Rule option on the right side of the page as shown in the figure.
5. In the opened page you will see that the Program option is selected by default. Click the Next button without changing it.
6. On the next page, in the This Program Path section, find the path where your program is installed by clicking the Browse button, and then select the executable file of the software in EXE format that has access to the Internet.
7. After selecting the program path, as you can see in the picture, the address is not fully displayed and the beginning of the address is marked with a% sign. Be sure to edit the URL as shown in the figure, otherwise the settings will not be applied correctly. Finally, click the Next button.
8. On the next page, Action, you must specify what to do with this program. You must select the Block the Connection option to deny the application access to the Internet. Then click Next.
9. On the next page you will face with three options. The first option is Domain, by selecting which the new rule will be applying only by connecting to a specific domain.
The second option is Private, where the new rule will only apply when you are connected to a private network such as a home Wifi, and finally the third option is Public, which allows the new rule if you are connected to a wireless or wired public network.
To be applied. By selecting all three options in this case, this rule will be applied to you and the program will lose access to the Internet. Finally, click Next.
10. In the next step, you must enter a name with the meaning of, for example, the name of the program so that if you later wanted to access or edit it, you can easily find it in the list of rules. Finally, click the Finish button to complete the process. You will see that this rule has been add to the list of firewall rules and you can easily access and edit it by double-clicking on it.