The Beta Version Of Android 12 That Has Been Released Allows Users To Access The Privacy Dashboard And Check Which Apps Have Recently Used The Phone’s Location, Microphone Or Camera.
Disable App Access, and you can edit and change the permissions of each application at your discretion.
If you are worried that your phone may be infected with malware and a hacker can remotely access important features of the phone such as camera and microphone or secretly use it to intercept and record information, a feature There is a powerful application in Android that allows you to block access to all applications on the phone hardware.
In this article, we will examine how to disable the camera and microphone of the phone in Android 12 through the quick access settings.
How to disable the microphone and camera of the phone in Android 12?
In the first step, you need to install Android 12 beta on your phone and follow the steps below:
- Touch the screen from top to bottom (swipe) until the Quick Settings menu appears.
- Drag the screen up and down again until the menu is obvious and some of the shortcuts in the menu appear.
- In the Shortcuts section, drag the screen to the left to display all the shortcuts. If you do not see the Camera Access or Mic Access shortcut, touch the Pencil icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- In the above section, you can increase or decrease the Quick Settings menu shortcuts or arrange them according to personal interest. Scroll down the page to see the Mic and Camera tiles. Touch each of these options, hold your finger to reshape it, and then scroll to the top of the screen through other settings.
- Return to the Quick Settings menu. Both Camera and Mic shortcuts are now available.
- Now, simply by touching the Camera Access and Mic Access shortcuts, you can disable the hardware for all applications. You can activate the camera and microphone twice by touching the above icons again.
How to disable the camera and microphone for a specific application?
Another useful application that Windows 12 provides to users is the Privacy Dashboard. In the above section, you can see all the last 24 hours and applications’ access to the application data.
In this section, the user has the ability to select the application and change the settings and permissions of the application to access the camera, microphone, personal files and documents, location, calendar; You will have an audience, surrounding devices, and so on.
If you plan to change permissions without going to open applications, go to Settings> Privacy> Permission Manager for a complete list of all applications that have accessed and used the camera, microphone, and personal data. See.
By touching any application, you can select one of the options Allow Only While Using the App or Ask Every time or Don’t Allow to disable access to the phone’s microphone and camera for applications.
As we mentioned, by disabling the camera and microphone for all apps through Quick Settings, you can be sure that no app or even your favorite apps will use the phone’s camera and microphone.
Undoubtedly, this feature significantly improves the security of users and does not allow hackers to use the phone’s camera or microphone for eavesdropping as in the past and without the user’s knowledge.