What Languages Are Suitable For Artificial Intelligence, Game Development, Or Website Design? In This Article, We Have Introduced All The Essential Languages For Different Areas Of The IT World.
If you want to start programming but don’t know what each language is suitable for or for what purpose, in this article, we have named all the most popular languages in the world of programming, separated by the areas of use.
A language may be used in different sectors and areas. Therefore, we tried to examine all aspects of that language and specify the advantages and disadvantages of each for you.
The best programming languages for website design
Website design includes two main parts: front-end and back-end. The first consists of the interactive and visual aspects of the website, and the second refers to the codes written to manage the database and related factors.
Front-end languages design the primary data to display to the user, and back-end languages manage the data received from the front end using APIs, databases, and servers.
Suitable languages for front-end
- HTML: HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. This scripting language is known as a standard for defining the structure and content of web pages. HTML uses tags to describe elements such as headings, paragraphs, lists, tables, links, etc.
- CSS: CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. This language, which is a type of scripting language, is used to apply various customizations to web pages. CSS uses rules to apply styles like colors, fonts, borders, etc., to HTML elements.
Suitable languages for backend
- Python: Python is a high-level programming language (languages that are understandable to humans) and multi-purpose, which has high flexibility in many areas. Since Python is close to spoken language, it is used in many centers for primary programming education. Python also has a rich set of libraries and different frameworks for different purposes. The Django framework is used in the backend programming, which is developed based on Python codes.
- Java: Java is a compiled, object-oriented programming language that runs on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and is known for its flexibility, performance, and high scalability. Java also has a large and mature ecosystem of tools and frameworks for web development, enterprise applications, and distributed systems. In backend programming, the Spring Boot framework creates microservices under Java.
- PHP: PHP is another application programming language widely used for backend development and can be embedded in HTML or run on the server side. PHP has a flexible and dynamic environment that allows rapid prototyping and development of items. PHP also has many built-in features and extensions for working with databases, files, sessions, cookies, etc. The Laravel framework has countless uses for this language in backend programming.
The best programming languages for mobile application design
These days, we are all familiar with mobile apps, both for Android and iPhone phones. Of course, different languages are used for these two operating systems, which we will briefly introduce below.
Suitable languages for Android application design
- Kotlin: Kotlin is a modern and concise programming language that runs on the JVM and with Java code. Kotlin is the preferred language for Android development Because it has many advantages over Java, such as high safety, shared programs, data classes, extension functions, etc. Kotlin also supports Android Jetpack, a collection of libraries and tools that help developers build high-quality Android apps.
- Java: Java is the primary and most widely used language for developing Android and its applications. Java has powerful compatibility and stability with the Android SDK, which provides various APIs and libraries for creating Android applications. Java also has a large and active community of developers and resources that can contribute to Android development.
- Flutter: Flutter is a framework for creating cross-platform applications using Dart, a client-optimized programming language. Flutter uses a declarative and reactive approach to render widgets, which are the building blocks of the user interface. With its features, it leaves developers free to create ideas.
Suitable languages for iPhone application design
- Swift: Swift is a fast and expressive programming language designed for developing iOS applications, and programmers often use Mac systems to code with this language. Written with a considerable of Objective-C code, Swift is more secure than this language, making working with Apple’s Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks easier than ever.
- Objective-C: Objective-C is an object-oriented programming language based on the C language. Objective-C is considered the primary and most mature language for iOS development, but as we said, due to its old age, it is less secure than Swift. Objective-C has strong compatibility and integration with Cocoa Touch and a large, experienced community of developers and resources that can contribute to iOS development.
The best programming languages for artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a branch of computer science that creates machines and systems to perform tasks using decision-making, learning, and reasoning powers found only in humans. Artificial intelligence is a sub-field of natural language processing and computer vision. The best active languages in this field are:
- Python: Python is the most popular and widely used language for artificial intelligence development. With its simple and intuitive interface, Python can quickly implement complex algorithms and models. Python also has a vast collection of libraries and frameworks for artificial intelligence, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, NLTK, OpenCV, etc.
- R: R is a statistical programming language for data analysis and visualization. R has a powerful and expressive user interface that manipulates data structures and performs statistical operations. R also has a rich collection of AI packages and tools such as Tidyverse, Shiny, Caret, RStudio, etc.
- Prolog: Prolog is a logical programming language based on logic and formal rules. Prolog is suitable for developing artificial intelligence because it can handle code with symbolic and deductive reasoning. Prolog also has features like backtracking, unification, and recursion that facilitate AI programming.
The best programming languages for game development
Game development is a fascinating and challenging field that requires different programming languages depending on the type and scope of the game. Some of the best programming languages for game development are:
- C++: C++ is an object-oriented, low-level programming language (a language more understandable by machines than humans) that offers high performance and control over memory management. One of the applications of C++ is in game development because it can perform complex calculations and operations efficiently and safely. C++ also supports features such as templates, inheritance (inheritance in object-oriented programming), polymorphism, etc., which are also effective in game development and blockchain-based applications.
- Java: Java is a compiled, object-oriented programming language on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). Java is as popular and efficient in game development as in other areas because it offers strong support for OOP (object-oriented programming) methods, ease of memory cleaning, and the availability of many libraries.
- C#: C# is a modern, ver,satile, object-oriented, and functional programming language. Because of its strong and stable interface and powerful IDE (Visual Studio), C# is very efficient for developing games, especially in the Windows environment. Since C# is the primary language in the Unity game engine, many developers use C# libraries to create their games.
- Lua: Lua is another programming language widely used in game development due to its simplicity, coordination, and high combination power with C and C++. This swift language is one of the main scripting languages of many game engines, such as Corona SDK and Defold.
The best programming languages for machine learning
Machine learning (ML) is a branch of artificial intelligence that focuses on creating systems that can learn from data and improve performance without explicit programming. ML also includes techniques such as supervised learning, unsupervised learning, and reinforcement learning. The best languages for machine learning are:
- Python: Python is the most dominant and versatile language for ML development. In addition to what we have explained about Python, this language has a wide range of libraries and frameworks for ML, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, Pandas, and NumPy.
- Julia: Julia is a high-performance dynamic programming language designed for scientific computing and numerical analysis. With its fast and efficient interface, Julia allows writing codes close to mathematical symbols. Julia also has multicasting, metaprogramming, macros, and more features perfect for ML programming.
- MATLAB: MATLAB is a numerical computing environment and programming language widely used for ML research and training. MATLAB has a user-friendly and interactive interface allowing visual exploration of data and models. MATLAB also has features such as matrix, vector, and optimization operations that effectively develop machine learning.
The best programming languages in blockchain development
Blockchain application development is creating applications that use blockchain technology to store, verify, and exchange data in a decentralized and secure manner. Blockchain applications can have various use cases, such as digital currencies, smart contracts, supply chain management, and identity verification. The best languages for blockchain application development are:
- Java: Due to the high use of Java in many fields, you got to know this language’s object-oriented nature and many capabilities. Java can be used to develop smart contracts on the EOS blockchain and other platforms such as NEM, IOTA, NEO, and Hyperledger Fabric2.
- Python: Python’s popularity is endless and has proven itself in blockchain-based applications. Python also has a vast collection of libraries and frameworks for blockchain development, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, NLTK, OpenCV, etc.
- C+Plus: As we said earlier, the C+Plus programming language is considered a perfect option for blockchain development with its high management of memory performance. This language has also been used to develop the core protocol of Bitcoin and other digital currencies such as Stellar and Ripple.
- Ruby is another dynamic and interpreted programming language emphasizing developer productivity and simplicity. Ruby is also the best language to start blockchain programming because it allows developers to quickly and easily prototype their ideas using open-source APIs or third-party plugins. Ruby also has features like metaprograms, mixins, and blocks that make blockchain development fun and flexible.