Another common error that we encounter when testing site speed with GTmetrix is displayed as Use GET for AJAX requests, which is related to the use of Ajax on the site. Before the technology of using Ajax entered the web domain, in order to apply changes to the page after loading, they had to use these requests using programming languages, in which case the web page started loading again. and made new requests to load the page from the server to execute the small request that was inside the page. This would increase the number of HTTP requests and the high consumption of hosting resources. This is how Ajax technology entered the field of programming.
In this tutorial from Hostfa’s knowledge base, going to address how to fix the Use GET for AJAX requests error in GTmetrix, which you can use to optimize AJAX requests on the site and fix this error.
Training on how to fix the Use GET for AJAX requests error in GTmetrix
As you know, by using the Ajax function, we can show the desired content to the users in the background without having to reload the site pages. That is, if you use Ajax, there is no need to reload the page to show a specific content, and the requests are received from the server in the background. In this case, the server’s response process is more optimal; if you use Ajax correctly, the pages will be loaded at a much faster speed.
Ajax requests are in two modes: GET and POST, and using both of these requests has its own advantages and disadvantages. The main difference that improves site speed in using POST and GET methods in Ajax is in the sending method. If the request is POST, it is first sent as an HTTP request in the Header, and then the server responds to this request. In the case that in the GET method, both of these steps will be done together.
When the Use GET for AJAX requests error occurs in the site speed test, you are asked to use the GET method instead of the POST method for AJAX requests. This will make your site faster because it processes requests simultaneously in one step.
The difference between POST and GET methods in Ajax
- Using the back and refresh buttons in the GET method is ineffective, while in the POST method, it causes the loss of information, so you have to follow the request again from the beginning.
- It is possible to bookmark the page in the GET method, while in the POST method, pages cannot be bookmarked while saving the information.
- It is possible to use the cache in the GET method, but it is not possible to use the cache in the POST method.
- It is possible to save data in the GET method, if the history cannot be saved in the POST method.
- The maximum size for data in the GET method is 2048 characters, which are added to the URL, if you are not limited by the POST method.
- The type of data in the GET method is only of the ski type, while there are no restrictions in the POST method and they are used in binary form.
- Security in GET method is low due to caching and saving data through URL, but in POST method, security is high and in addition, data is not saved in browser history and server log.
- Information in the GET method can be seen through the address, while in the POST method they cannot be seen.
Now that you are familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of GET and POST methods in AJAX, to use Ajax, try to use the GET method, which is more suitable for optimizing the site from the point of view of GTMetrics.