The podcast effect causes a direct change in the way a podcast is heard or heard. To be able to produce a professional podcast, it is very important to master the types of special effects for podcast production and how to use them.
What are the benefits of producing a podcast?
You can earn active income by producing podcasts and sharing your views on different topics or topics you are interested in. Podcast, like images, texts, and videos, is a type of content and is considered one of the subsets of audio content. Users of social networks and websites have well-received this type of content for less than ten years. For this reason, businesses invest in producing this type of content.
Raw equalizer preparation method for editing audio content
If you do not know the meaning of Equalizer and are unaware of its use, there is no problem. Here we explain the Equalizer and why it is used to produce cover music, podcasts, and audio files. An equalizer is an animated cover displayed to the user when listening to an audio file.
For example, on the Instagram page of many popular channels such as Spotify, an animated cover can be seen, which plays the role of an attractive player after opening the post when playing music. For podcast production, especially podcasts that you plan to publish on YouTube and need a suitable cover, Equalizer is the right choice.
You can also use these covers to publish one minute of the podcast you prepared on Instagram. Note that the cover format you choose for this purpose must have a specific structure, and you must use it to publish each audio file and your podcast.
Using a different equalizer in each post will mess up the order and structure of your Instagram page, YouTube channel, etc. You can create a suitable equalizer according to the original cover of your podcast and the topic you have chosen and prepare the podcast’s audio file for official publication.
Also, if you plan to freelance for other companies and create a proper equalizer cover, you need to know how to create one. You can visit the website https://specterr.com/ to create an equalizer online and prepare a raw cover. Choose one of the available covers. Working with online web applications to make animated covers is very easy. You can find other tools by searching the term “make equalizer video online” in Google.
Explanations about Voice SEO
Audio SEO is one of the podcast production terms. Voice SEO or Voice SEO refers to the optimization of keywords and phrases that do voice search with the help of voice assistants more likely to find the audio content of your website or the theme and content of your website’s podcast/audio content. Understand what the user has searched for.
Audio SEO is mandatory and necessary for sites looking for a better ranking and promotion to the first position of Google audio search results. Hence, businesses and brands should pay close attention to this issue. Those who work as podcasters or producers of audio content should acquire enough information in this field to create audio content effectively and practically for various businesses.
To better understand the importance of voice SEO, it is better to know that in 2018, about 20% of searches performed on Google were with the help of Google’s voice assistant. In other search engines, such as Bing, this search rate was 25%, and in Baidu, up to 10%. After four years of this date, the importance of voice search and people’s desire to hear them has increased. Therefore, a professional podcaster should not underestimate the importance of audio SEO.
How to become a professional podcaster?
To become a professional podcaster, you should also consider other points in addition to familiarizing yourself with podcast production terms. In the following, we will explain these points to you.
- Improving speaking skills: To produce a podcast, you must have speaking skills. Your voice and expression should be attractive to the listener. To increase your speaking skills, you can use pitch and bass techniques. You can increase your skills in this field by participating in the recruitment courses.
- Familiarity with podcast creation tools: Familiarity with podcast creation tools is also necessary for producing audio content. Tools, equipment, and programs are needed to produce a podcast. Without familiarity with these tools and equipment, podcast production cannot succeed. So, to become a professional podcaster, you must be familiar with these tools and how to work with them.
- Skill in ideation and scenario writing: Another way to improve podcast production is the skill of creativity and scenario writing. You cannot succeed in this work without a good idea and a professional scenario.
- Work in content production companies: You can increase your ability and expertise in this work by working in content production companies. By working in these companies, you will learn podcast production terms, audio content production tools, how to create ideas and write scenarios, etc.
What skills do we need to become a podcaster?
As we said in the above section, to become a professional podcaster, you need skills. One of these skills is a good voice and familiarity with speaking techniques. But these conditions are not enough to become a professional. To become a professional in your work, you must be familiar with the skills of using editing programs and recording podcasts.
You should be able to edit your audio content and thus add to its appeal. In addition, you should have a brief knowledge of the topic of podcast production. This information will give you more control over content presentation.
Knowing how to use audio recording tools can also help you. If you are engaged in producing a podcast individually, you must also have talent in creativity and content writing. Large companies usually have a separate team for ideation and scenario writing.
Ways to make money from producing podcast audio content
As mentioned, becoming a professional podcaster can easily make money this way. For example, if you can generate ideas, write, speak, etc., you can be hired as a member of the content production team at reputable companies and earn money in this way. Or you can work independently and get more orders by becoming a professional in this field.
Generally, it is more difficult to produce a podcast individually than as a group. But if you succeed in this field, you can earn a high income. Today, many large and small companies use audio content for advertising their work and are willing to pay high fees for professional work.
In addition, a professional podcaster can increase the number of his audience by producing content in a specific field and earn money in this way. To earn money through podcast production, there is no need to produce advertising content. Rather, you can increase the number of your audience by producing professional works in various fields of sports, cinema, history, etc., and earn a good income in this way.
How to add background music to a podcast
How to add a music file to our podcast audio file? In each software, how to import the music file to the podcast has its special steps. Normally, you can use the Drag & Drop method. In this method, you select the music file.
Then you remove the desired software from the maximize mode. Drag the file to the Timeline and drop it to be added to your podcast file. Pay attention to the image below if you don’t know what Timeline means in podcast editing software. In this picture, a Timeline related to Adobe Audition software is shown.
Various sound effects
You must use special sound effects or podcast effects when editing the sound and preparing the final podcast file. Among these effects, the following can be mentioned.
- Reverb/Delay: This podcast effect helps stabilize the sound in a specific space. You must be very careful in using this type of effect because the sound may seem further away from the background music.
- Choir: This podcast effect has its form in each software and is not similarly applied to an audio file. Because there are different ways to apply it, this effect multiplies a sound.
- Distortion: Adding some noise to the audio file is done with the help of this podcast effect to help increase the sensory impact on the audience. The melodiousness of the audio file is reduced with the help of this effect, and a rougher state is created. The use of this effect is done with delay and compression.
- Compression: After adding music to the podcast, this type of effect makes us experience the dynamics and softening of the sound. If the sound is too loud and recorded in vulnerable parts, it can be controlled and improved with the help of this effect.
Sample sound effects for producing audio content
There are various effects that you can use to produce a podcast. By default, the effect of podcasts is in the Library of the special program for editing and recording podcasts. You can also prepare and use them online. You can visit the website freesound.org which is a complete source of sound effects to add to your podcast. This site contains all the necessary information and guidance for beginner and professional podcasters.