What is a lead nurturing? How to turn a lead into a customer?
Lead nurturing is the stage after collecting leads from the audience or potential customers and is one of the most important steps in marketing.
Some businesses do very well in the lead generation phase and collect quality leads from their potential customers but do not know how to use those leads and turn the potential customer into a real customers.
If you are thinking of increasing sales and do not know exactly how to achieve it, do not miss the rest of the article.
What is lead nurturing?
Lead nurturing means building a relationship with the customer through the sales funnel path. This process keeps the potential customer in the sales funnel by increasing the audience awareness in the field of brand and creating value and awareness of its products and services. This process aims to select your brand when the customer is ready to buy and to meet their needs through your brand.
Why is lead nurturing Important?
Lead nurturing is one of the most important reasons for a brand to continue its activities. Many people who are in contact with you, such as following you on social media or knowing you somehow, do not buy from you. You need to persuade the customer to buy. Here are some reasons to understand the importance of lead nurturing.
- Most purchases are not made on the customer’s first contact with your store. It may seem boring, but it has been proven that the audience first sees the advertisement of a product several times and maybe buys it. The more relevant ads are seen, the higher the purchasing power. So after collecting leads or clues from the audience, you should get in touch with them, use retargeting ads to remind them what products they may need, and encourage them to buy.
- Most of the audiences we have received leads are not ready to buy. The audience may come to your site and like your products, but at that moment, they do not have access to their bank card information, or they are not mentally ready to buy. With lead nurturing campaigns, you can always stay in touch with the audience, and when they decide to buy, you will be available sooner than other competitors.
- Lead nurturing is a cost-effective way to increase sales. You can attract your audience and encourage them to buy at the lowest cost.
Examples of lead nurturing campaigns
To talk about lead nurturing campaigns, it’s best to have a brief definition of these campaigns first. Lead nurturing campaigns are a collection of promotional messages sent to potential customers at a specific time. These messages can be sent automatically, semi-automatically, or processed manually.
The process of lead nurturing campaigns is done for the audience from which the lead was received. This process is not for people to send bulk emails or SMS.
You can use the following channels to plan your lead nurturing campaign:
1. Email Marketing Campaign
2. Send a personalized email
3. Send newsletter
5. Network marketing
6. Publish blog posts and content marketing
7. Use retargeting ads with ads on social networks
How to have a comprehensive lead nurturing plan?
Know your target customer well. You can create an audience persona for this step. Persona helps you draw all the personality dimensions of your customers and provide services to them according to their needs and activities. If you are not familiar with making a persona, you can watch the video of making it on our Instagram.
Draw the shopping path that the target customer is following. To be successful in lead nurturing and knowing the target audience, you must also know how to work with your brand. It would help if you had a customer route map. This step is very important in the lead nurturing because it helps you identify the potential buyer and know what he is thinking and asking at each stage of the buying process. This perspective helps you to create a more accurate marketing message.
Design a customer database.
You cannot cultivate leads if you do not know who your customers are. Before you start, have a CRM tool and get contact information from your audience. These tools also provide the following information:
1. How the contact was added to your brand list.
2. Which pages have you visited the most?
3. What connections have you made with him?
4. What content have they interacted with?
5. How often do they interact with you?
Rate your leads
Once you have collected the leads, you can rank them and categorize them based on how much they are interested in your brand. You can categorize your leads based on the following factors.
1. Statistics: Check if this lead matches your buyers in terms of personality (age, location, income, etc.) and occupation (job title, business size, etc.).
2. Budget: Is the audience financially able to buy from your brand or not?
3. Interest and activity: Do the user’s activities indicate his interest?
4. Purchasing Stage: Where does the customer stand in the sales funnel?
Score for each of these factors and measure the audience or customer interaction with you. For example, you might give 10 points to the person who downloaded your eBook and 5 points less to the contact who did not open your emails.
Generate relevant content for each stage of the target customer’s shopping journey.
Now that you know your audience and know more about them, you can start writing a lead nurturing campaign strategy. Generate content for each audience category at each stage of the purchase decision.
Launch automated lead nurturing campaigns.
Once you have produced content tailored to each stage of the buyer’s journey, set up an automated marketing process that delivers targeted messages to the right audience at the right time. With automated marketing, you do not have to track your leads’ activities manually. The marketing automation system introduces new content to the user according to the settings you make and according to the activity. This content can include anything, such as email, photos, textual content, links, or forms.
Interact with the user using social networks.
Automated marketing campaigns are based on trusting the user to receive and open emails. But besides email, there are other ways to communicate with your audience. Choose different campaigns and do not lock your mind in only one way. Be creative and use a variety of ways to connect with your audience.
Another way to keep the audience entertained is to share social media posts. Some audiences may enter your sales funnel by following you instead of subscribing to your newsletter on social media. That’s why you need to pay attention to those audiences who are not very interested in email communication as you expand your social networks.
You can use tools like Buffer, Hootsuit,e, and Edgar to have a good content calendar.
Attract the audience by producing quality content.
Generate useful content and do it consistently to give the audience a reason to return to your social network. It is a good idea to set up a content production calendar so that you have a clear and appropriate schedule for producing your content. Go ahead and make sure you cover all the topics your audience needs.
Reach your audience with paid ads. The audience will search for you using specific keywords. Use those keywords to find the right solution, answer, products, and services for the user. You can use PPC ads to target those keywords and refer users to your website.
Use retargeting ads.
You can use retargeting ads to bring back people who have already visited your website or registered on your email list. You can show these ads according to the user’s activities, such as visiting specific pages, how long he spends on your site and the number of visits. Returning the audience to your site means increasing the possibility of sales and achieving the goal of lead nurturing.
Since your audience is not necessarily those who know you and trust in the brand is not built in the early stages of brand awareness, it is necessary to take time for the audience and build their trust to become a buyer. In this article, we looked at ways that can help you in the lead nurturing so that you can read it to get an idea of how to improve your business. If you use other ways to generate leads, share them with us and others in the comments section.