A virtual visits to the museum is a great opportunity to get acquainted with the history, culture and art of mankind over the centuries.
If you can not travel, you can still have a virtual tour of the best museums in the world from your home .
Museums are one of the most important tourist attractions in the corners of the world. Those who are interested in history, culture and art, before traveling to any destination, research its museums and spend a large part of their trip visiting the museum.
Virtual tour and virtual tour of the museum In the period when it is not possible to travel and many museums are closed, is the best opportunity to see valuable historical and artistic works from around the world.
Life has changed in the world since the outbreak of the Corona virus , from studying and working to traveling and visiting a museum!
Thanks to the Internet, in the face of an epidemic and travel bans, we can find corridors in world-famous museums. To this end, some of the largest museums in the world have provided virtual visits, which we will introduce in the following.
Right now, you can see and enjoy the best museums in the world from anywhere with internet access.
1. The Louvre Museum
The Louvre Museum in Paris is without a doubt the most fascinating and famous museum in the world. Though the Louvre Museum is so important that it has become a symbol of the city of Paris. The museum exhibits more than 38,000 works from prehistoric times to the 21st century. This museum has an area of more than 72,000 square meters. The Louvre focuses on displaying works of art, history and culture.
In 2019, the museum hosted 9.6 million visitors and became the most visited museum in the world. The museum is housed in the Louvre and the building itself is very spectacular; As well as the Louvre, which is made of glass and metal.
Why should we visit the Louvre?
The Louvre Museum is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the world . There are many reasons to use the Louvre Virtual Tour. Including:
- Some of the world’s most famous works of art are on display at the museum, including the Mona Lisa, as well as Leonardo da Vinci’s Rock Lady, the statue of Venus Milo by Alexandre Antioch;
- Valuable works from the past and history of Iran are kept in this museum, including Ontash Napirisha memorial lithograph, brick lion relief of Apadana Palace of Susa, head of two cows of Apadana Palace of Susa, inscription of Darius the Great in Apadana Palace of Susa, bronze harness of Lorestan , Sad Archers, luxurious and famous decorations of the residential part of Apadana Palace;
- The historical monuments of ancient Egypt and the historical monuments of ancient Greece are among the most important and spectacular parts of the museum, which attract history lovers from all over the world to this museum.
2. Van Gogh Museum
The Van Gogh Museum is an art gallery in Amsterdam, the Netherlands . The museum is dedicated to the works of Dutch postwar painter Vincent van Gogh . His works had a profound impact on twentieth-century art. If you are interested in art, especially painting, do not miss the opportunity to visit the Van Gogh Museum online.
The museum opened on June 2, 1973 and contains the largest collection of Van Gogh drawings and paintings in the world. Of course, many of the painter’s works have been exhibited in museums and galleries around the world. The museum hosted 2.3 million visitors in 2017, which made it the most visited museum in the Netherlands in the same year and in 2019 as the 23rd most visited art museum in the world.
Why should we visit the Van Gogh Museum?
- This museum has the largest collection of works by Van Gogh;
- The museum’s permanent collection includes 9 self-portraits by Van Gogh;
- Some of Van Gogh’s oldest works, dating back to 1882, are on display at the museum.
3. Vatican Museum
The Vatican Museum is the Museum of Public Art and Sculpture in the Vatican City. The museum’s artifacts have been collected for centuries by the Catholic Church and the Popes. The museum hosts more than 70,000 valuable works, of which 20,000 have been exhibited. The Vatican Museum website includes 7 virtual tours of the museum, including a 360-degree view of the Sistine Chapel.
Pope Julius II founded the museum in the early 16th century. The Sistine Chapel, with its stunning ceiling paintings by Michelangelo, is on its way to the Vatican Museum. In 2019, almost 7 million people visited the museum. The Vatican Museum with 54 galleries is one of the largest museums in the world.
Why should we visit the Vatican Museum?
- The Vatican Museum houses a valuable collection of Roman statues, works of stunning detail;
- Some of the most important masterpieces of Renaissance art are kept in this museum;
- A collection of modern religious art is another part of the museum;
- Valuable works of famous painters such as Giotto, Rafael and Leonardo da Vinci can be seen in this museum.
4. British Museum
The British Museum is located in London . This museum is dedicated to topics such as human history, art and culture. The permanent collection of the museum includes 8 million works of art and history and is one of the largest and most complete collections in all museums in the world.
Most of these works were collected during the British Empire and tell the story of human culture from the beginning to the present. It is the first national public museum in the world.
The museum was founded in 1753 and was first opened to the public in 1759. You can experience time travel in the British Museum with the mouse and the buttons at the top of the computer keyboard; Of course with an interactive game designed by the British Museum website. Audio descriptions with accurate and complete information help you navigate the museum exhibitions virtually and add to your knowledge.
Why should we visit the British Museum?
- The British Museum has several sections, each dedicated to a geographical area and covering the whole world;
- As part of its large website, the museum has the largest online database of objects in the world museum collection, which was made available to the public online at the beginning of 2012, with 2 million separate works (of which 650,000 are illustrated). Took;
- Room 52 of the museum houses artifacts from ancient Iran, including the Cyrus Cylinder, known as the world’s first human rights charter.
5. Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is an art museum in New York, and indeed the largest art museum in the United States. This museum was selected as the fourth most visited museum in the world in 2019 with about 6.5 million visitors. The museum’s permanent collection includes more than 2 million different works, which are classified into 17 sections. The physical space of the museum is located in 3 different places in New York. In the virtual tour of this museum, you can tour it and click on each exhibition to get comprehensive information about the museum.
Why should we visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art?
- The museum hosts works of art from ancient Europe and ancient Egypt;
- Sculptures and paintings by the most famous European masters are on display in this museum;
- Works of art from Africa , Asia , Oceania and Byzantium are housed in the museum, and Islamic art is another important part of the museum;
- The works of this museum do not end with sculpture and painting. A collection of musical instruments , clothing and ornaments , antique weapons and war clothing from around the world are on display at the museum.
6. Amsterdam National Museum
The National Museum of Amsterdam is dedicated to the display of works of art and history and is located near the Van Gogh Museum. The museum was first built in The Hague in 1798, but was eventually moved to spectacular Amsterdam in 1808 . In 2013 and 2014, this museum was recognized as the most visited museum in the Netherlands, and in these 2 years, 2.2 million people and 2.47 million people visited the museum, respectively.
Why should we visit the National Museum of Amsterdam?
- The museum hosts valuable works by artists such as Rembrandt, Van Gogh and other Dutch masters of art;
- 8,000 works of art and history are exhibited in this museum and it has a total of 1 million works that date from 1200 to 2000 AD;
- The museum also has a small section dedicated to Asian art.
7. Orsay Museum
The Orsay Museum is one of the most famous museums in Paris. The museum is housed in the old Orsay Station building, a fine art-style station. The museum building was built between 1898 and 1900. This museum often contains works of French art from 1848 to 1914. These works include painting, sculpture and photography. In 2019, more than 3.6 million people visited the museum.
Why should we visit the Orsay Museum?
- Orsay Museum hosts the largest collection of art masterpieces of Impressionism and Pstamprsyvnysm is;
- Works by famous artists such as Monet, Degas, Renoir and even Van Gogh are on display at the museum;
- The Orsay banana is one of the largest art museums in Europe.
8. Pergamon Museum
The Pergamon Museum is one of the listed buildings on Museum Island in the historic center of Berlin and part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The museum was built between 1910 and 1930 by order of the German Emperor William II. Parts of the museum will be closed until 2023 due to renovation operations.
Why should we visit the Pergamon Museum?
- The collection includes sculptures from antiquity to the Hellenistic period, as well as works of art from Greece and Rome: architecture , sculpture, inscriptions, mosaics, bronze works, jewelry and pottery are on display at the museum;
- The most important works of this museum are Yashtar Gate or Babylon Gate, Pergamon Altar and Mollat Bazaar Gate;
- A unique collection of excavated artifacts is kept in the Ctesiphon area and the Kasra arch in the Pergamon Museum;
- The collection of works of the historical period of Islamic art has a special section in this museum.
9. Saadabad Museum
Saadabad cultural-historical complex is one of the most important museums in Iran. The Saadabad Museum has witnessed 4 historical periods of Iran, namely Qajar, Pahlavi I and Pahlavi II and after the Iranian Revolution. The complex includes several palaces that have been turned into museums. In fact, you can see many museums by visiting Saadabad Museum. Among these museums are the Water Museum, Behzad Master Museum, Omidvar Brothers Museum, Museum of Immortal Figures, Mir Emad Museum of Calligraphy, Royal Utensils Museum, Anthropology Museum, Abkar Master Miniature Museum, Farshchian Museum, Military Museum, Negarestan Museum, Art Museum Beautiful, noted the Museum of Art of Nations.
Why should we see the Saadabad Museum?
- In Saadabad collection, valuable historical and artistic works are displayed in various museums;
- Apart from the museum works, the construction of the palaces alone is a fascinating and spectacular historical monument.
- In this museum, you can watch the evolution of Iran in the form of objects and documents left over from different historical periods.
in the end
The prevalence of corona has limited travel, but has provided countless opportunities for virtual visits to the world’s best museums. Although the virtual tour can not have the atmosphere of walking in the world’s top museums, it is a good opportunity to get acquainted with the history, culture and art of mankind from all over the world and for many centuries.
Which of these museums have you seen up close? Are you interested in a virtual visit to the museum?