Normally, a site that has a proper structure and is loaded and displayed to the user in the shortest possible time will find a better position in the eyes of users and search engines. This means that if you improve the structure of the site optimally, you can have a better position in the results of search engines and attract the satisfaction of users in a better way. Choosing a suitable host, such as a WordPress site host or installing a content management system and template, is only part of setting up a professional website. After that, you should be able to take measures to optimize the template’s structure and the speed of your website. GTMetrix is a professional online tool that allows its users to check their website’s problems and errors and easily fix them using the recommendations provided. One of the parts that play an important role in improving site performance is the Structure tab in gtmetrix. In this tab, appropriate information is provided about the types of structural errors found on different pages of the website. In this article, from the knowledge base of the host Fa We decided to look at the Structure tab of GTMetrix and how to improve the structure of the site using the information placed in it.
The topics covered in this article are as follows:
- The role of site structure improvement in its performance
- Checking the Structure tab of GTMetrix
- GTMetrix structural errors and how to fix them
The role of site structure improvement in its performance
Speed is a very important in providing a pleasant user experience for your website users when visiting the site. In fact, the better you can perform in terms of saving time waiting for the content of your website pages to be displayed, the more chances you will have for users to see your website pages’ original and valuable content. All these things will eventually cause you to satisfy your users in the best possible way and achieve more success because the main goal of setting up a website is to attract the attention of Internet users and convert potential customers into actual customers.
First, you should know what factors affect the speed of your website and then take steps to improve them. There are many different criteria, and if each of them is followed, the performance of your website in terms of speed will be optimally improved. One of the main criteria is the site structure. A site is generally a combination of various elements, including code, image, text, video, etc. To help improve the structure of the site, specific criteria have been determined and presented on the GTMetrix website. As a result, when you check and review the information related to the Structure tab of GtMetrics, you will be faced with a general list of website performance analyses based on GtMetrics criteria. In the following, we will take a closer look at this tab and the role of the information contained in it in terms of improving the site’s structure. 🙂
Checking the Structure tab of GTMetrix
The structure tab is a replacement for the two sections in the previous GTMetrix, namely PageSpeed and YSlow. You can use the information in this section to improve the structure of your website. It is necessary to keep in mind that the information in this section has been categorized and presented according to the criteria set by Lighthouse as well as the criteria set by GT Metrics experts.
In this part of the GT Metrics site, all the criteria that are considered to improve the site structure are present, and according to the level of adherence of the reviewed page to the criteria mentioned in the Structure tab of GT Metrics, they are sorted from the lowest to the highest. are This arrangement can be recognized by a specific title and color, which we will discuss further.
- High: The criteria marked with this color indicate that if you try to fix the problems related to these items, you can take a big step towards improving the structure of your site. The criteria placed in this category have a direct and extensive impact on the performance of your site in terms of structure.
- Med-High: Improving the performance of the site in terms of the criteria placed in this category from the Structure tab can significantly affect the improvement of the site structure. After reviewing the items related to the High category, you should work on these criteria.
- Medium: The criteria marked with orange color have a relative impact on the performance of the site in terms of speed. As a result, you can improve the performance of your website to some extent by improving the structure in terms of the mentioned criteria.
- Low-Med: Improving the structure of the site in terms of the criteria specified under this title can have a small effect on the overall performance of the site.
- Low: In general, the criteria related to the improvement of the site structure, which are placed in the Structure tab with this title, are not necessary and will not have a particular effect on the overall performance of the site.
- None: These criteria placed in the Structure tab of GT Metrics have no effect on the construction speed, and you do not need to go to them in order to improve the site structure.
- N/A: Structure-related criteria that do not have any effect on the site’s performance and are mostly informative are displayed under this title in the Structure tab. As a result, they cannot play any role in improving the structure of your site.
But the question that arises now is, what exactly are the criteria that GT Metrics has considered to improve the site structure? We will introduce them in the following.
GT Matrix structural errors and how to fix them
Knowing the types of GT metrics errors and trying to fix them is very important in terms of improving the site structure and ultimately improving the overall performance of the site. As mentioned earlier, in the Structure tab of GT Metrics, it is possible for you to identify all the criteria that have affected the performance of your website in terms of speed and use the guidelines provided. fix it In the following, you can see the list of some of the most common errors and how to fix them