In today’s world, maintaining information security in cyberspace is one of the most important issues that should be considered. This issue shows its importance when you are the owner of large internet business and want to limit the access of different people to the main information of your website. One of the things you can do in this regard is to change the login password information to your user panel. In this article from Fa Host’s knowledge base, we have decided to with a tutorial on how to change the password of Direct Admin, one of the most popular user panels among web admins.
Getting to know the different parts of Direct Admin
- How to change the password in Direct Admin
- The importance of changing the direct admin password
- Important points when changing the login password to Direct Admin
When you install the Direct Admin control panel on the host, by default, a password is defined for you and sent to you by the hosting company. It is better to replace this password with your password.
How to change the password in Direct Admin
You can change the direct admin password through your user panel. For this, you must go through the following steps one by one:
- with the help of the direct admin login tutorial, your user panel
- Then click on “Password” from the toolbar at the top of the screen. You can also select “Change Password” from the “Your Account” menu.
- In the next step, a box will be displayed for you to enter your current password and your new direct admin password, respectively.
- Finally, click “Submit” to save the new password for your direct admin.
In the Direct Admin password change section, you will be faced with the following three options:
- DirectAdmin Account: If you activate the tick corresponding to this section, you will determine that the new password will be used to enter the DirectAdmin user panel.
- Main FTP Account: If you activate this section while changing the password of Direct Admin, the password of the main account of your FTP host will also be changed.
- Main Database Account: Keep in mind that if you want to change the password of your main database account, you must select this section in the path to change the direct admin password.
The importance of changing the direct admin password
Remember that if you purchased your hosting from Fa Host, you can enter the email history section through your user panel in Fa Host. Through the email sent to you under the user account information, the information Get your direct admin password.
Important points when changing the login password to Direct Admin
Choosing a complex password and maintaining it plays a decisive role in maintaining the security of your website. Because hackers always threaten the security of websites. As a result, it is better to save the determined password in a notepad on your desktop or anywhere you think she is safe. Because it is certainly difficult to remember a password with sufficient complexity, and if you don’t save it in a safe place, you may need to take other steps to recover your password later.
Remember that maintaining information security is one of the web admins should consider the most important things. The first step after installing the Direct Admin control panel is to change the default password set by the hosting company. In this article from the Fa host knowledge base, we have tried to make your work easier in this direction by providing training on changing the password in Direct Admin.