In the previous training, enter the direct admin email we have discussed and analyzed completely. In this training from Fa Host’s knowledge base, we will check how to transfer one email to another email? This email referral process is called Direct Admin. That is, you define a forwarder for one of the defined emails on your host, then copies of the received and sent emails will be sent to your desired email.
- Reasons for transferring one email to another email
- How to forward email
- Definition of multiple forward or multi forward
- Forward multiple emails to one address
- An email can be forwarded to multiple addresses.
- Delete automatic email forwarding to another email
Reasons for transferring one email to another email
A direct admin email forwarder is useful when you don’t intend to give direct access to your email to anyone, but on the other hand, you want emails to be sent and received with this address. For example, let’s say we have an email named firstname.lastname@example.org, and the collection staff will manage this email. Still, for security reasons, we don’t want to give direct access to the email to a person in such a situation, a forward like email@example.com for We define it and then give secondary email access to personnel. In addition to maintaining security, correspondence can also be done.
Another use of the Forwarder (transferring one email to another) is that you can manage all the emails on your host more simpler. For example, if you have defined several emails on the host, you can define a forwarder for all of them so that as soon as you receive an email from each account, you can quickly understand the issue and deal with them. This way, receiving and sending emails in Direct Admin will be managed more simply.
Frequently asked questions about direct admin email referrer
- Can I forward an email to multiple emails?
Yes, it is possible to define multiple forwarders. When defining the Forwarder, write the desired emails in the destination field and separate them. The section Forward an email to multiple addresses.
- Can I forward multiple emails to one email?
The answer is yes. You must enter the desired emails in the Forwarder Name field when defining the Forwarder. Refer to the forwarding section of several emails to one address.
- I don’t want to be forwarded anymore. How can I stop the email forwarding routine?
For this purpose, you can delete the forwarded email that you defined from your Direct Admin host. For this purpose, refer to the section on deleting automatic email forwarding to another email.
- When are emails forwarded?
As soon as the email is received or sent, a copy of it is forwarded to the destination email.
How to forward email
To define an email forwarder, Create a new Email Forwarder option. To be directed to the automatic email forwarding definition page. In this section, specify which email hosts you want to manage. Also, define an email to receive forwards.
- Forwarder Name: Enter the main email of your host in this field. It means the same email that you intend to receive copies of on another email. Be careful. You do not need to enter the full email address in this field. For example, for the forward firstname.lastname@example.org, we enter info.
- Destination Email: Enter the destination email address in this section. The secondary email, or the email that receives the forwarded copies, must be entered in full in this field. Like email@example.com
Then click on the create button at the bottom of the box. After that, you will see a message stating that the email forwarder has been successfully created in Direct Admin. In this way, a forwarder is defined as being able to transfer information from one email to another email. From now on, whenever an email is received, a copy of it will be directed to the destination email by the Forwarder.