File manager a tool for managing internal files; is Just as when you install software on your computer, a series of files and folders are added to your computer’s main drive, so all the sites you see on the Internet are set up by web design software A series of files and folders are output that you have to put them inside the host so that when these files are executed, the site visitor can see the original appearance of your site. Hence, the general conclusion is that the sites are also Internet software. Like software inside a computer, it consists of a series of files and folders, and we have to put that content on the host so that the demo of our site runs and visitors can view and use our site. Well, the file manager is exactly what helps us put our site files on and edit and manage them. First, enter the C-panel host of your site by learning how to enter C Panel, and from the files section, click on the file manager to enter this page according to the image.
Well, now, by default, you are in the home path of your host file manager. What you need to know is that Home is the main branch of your host file management. All your host files and settings are stored in these folders, so because our goal is only to Launch our site files, We should never deal with the contents of this path because these are our structural files. What you usually have to deal with is the public_html file manager folder. Public_html is the path that, Inside it, you can put your site files so that all people can see your site, which means that, in general, you should always enter public_html and put your files there.
Well, entering Public_html can be done in two ways. The first way is to click on public_html from the left sidebar, and the second is to click on the public_html icon on the right. We click on this icon to enter public_html. Now pay attention to this box. This box shows you the path you entered, so if you have entered public_html correctly, it is written here public_html, now, we have reached the main part of the tutorial, and we have decided on all the tools in this Introduce the section for managing files. From the top of the file manager, on the left side cpanel, you can easily return to the c-panel home screen by clicking on this icon.
You will see the search tool on the right side of the file manager. This tool is very useful. When you have a lot of files inside your host, and you decide to edit or delete one of your files, but you do not know exactly where that file is located, With this tool, you can search for the name of the file you want, so that the search tool will check all your host files and display the desired file to you. To search for files in the C-Panel file manager, from this section, you can first select the path where you want the search operation to be performed on the desired file. If we click on this section, there are three options:
- The first option is all your files. If you select this option, the search operation of the relevant file will be performed inside all contents and host files.
- The second option is only public_html. If you select this option, the search for the relevant file will be performed only from the files in public_html.
- The third option is the current directory. If you select this option, the search for the relevant file will be performed only from the files currently in that path from the file manager.
Well, we select the only public_html option and enter the file name we want in this field. For example, we write config here and now to start the search operation, click on the go option and wait for the search operation to be performed. بشه.
Now we see the search results for the window, and this window shows us the search result of the desired file. As you can see in this window, it shows us all the files and folders whose names are config and with Clicking on any of them will take you to that file, now click on public_html again from the left panel to return to the previous page.
As you can see in the right corner of the file manager settings button, now we click on the settings option according to the image to open the preferences window for us, as you can see, it is written Always open this directory in the future by default. Does this mean that when you click on the file manager icon inside the first page of the C-panel host, which path to the file manager will be redirected to by default? Which has four options and you can choose one:
- first option is Home Directory, which means that when you want to enter the file manager of the hosts, by default, move to the home folder, which is the main path of the structural settings of the hosts.
- The second option is Web Root public_html or www, which means that after clicking on the file manager icon, go directly to the main path of the site files, ie public_html, which we recommend is to select option.
- option Public FTP Root, which means that when you click on the file manager, you will automatically be taken to the FTP directory.
- The fourth option Document Root for, which has a section at the bottom that shows the domain connected to the host, and usually shows the main domain name of the host at the beginning, but when you add domain names inside your host, other domains are added to this section. If you check this option and select one of the domains, each time you click on the file manager icon, you will be automatically directed to the file management path of that domain.
At the bottom of this window Show the Hidden Files dotfiles option. First, you should know that in Linux hosting any file that has a dot prefix, ie the name of that file starts with a dot, is not normally visible in the file manager, and It is hidden between your files we also hide files hidden files, well, now if you check the show hidden files, all the hidden files of the path you are in will be visible to you and you can easily find the hidden files inside. Edit or delete.
the window is the preferences option Disable Character Encoding Verification Dialogs. In fact, when you decide to edit one of the files inside the host, you can always select a specific encoding to edit that file, for example, according to the image when I decide to file wp- Edit login.php The text editor opens for us that in the lower parts of this window we can select the encoding we want and then click on the edit button to open the file for editing, now in the setting if Disable Character Encoding Verification Dialogs When we decide to edit a file, the text editor will not open for us and we will be transferred to the file editing section very quickly. All right now let’s go back to the public_html page and introduce all the file introduction tools:
- the tool has used the file to create a new file, and by clicking on this section, you can create a new file with your desired extension and put the code you want in that file.
- the tool is used folder to create a new folder or folder, and by clicking on this section, you can create a new folder with the desired name, and after creating the folder, enter it and put your files inside.
- the tool is used copy to copy or copy a file or folder to another path. The meaning of copying files is that when you copy a file in one path, in addition to the file going to the new path, it also stays in the previous path…
- the tool has used the move to move files or folders from one path to another. The purpose of moving files is that when you move a file to a path, that file is removed from its original path and automatically redirected to the path. New is transferred.
- tool upload , which is one of the most useful tools in this section, is used to upload or upload new files, for example, with this tool, you can transfer a file from your computer to the c panel and to the desired path in the file manager.