Usually when traveling, finding the right hotel and booking a room can be daunting, especially if you want to book a room for a large family or are thinking of booking the right hotel at the last minute .
Everything you need to know about hotel reservation
Many online reservations are made these days. You can use online tools to compare the rates of rooms and shops around the hotel and choose the most suitable one before booking the right hotel for you and your family.
If you have never booked a hotel room, do not worry, as you can do it easily by following a few steps.
Step 1: Find the right hotel
1. Determining the budget
Before choosing a hotel, you should consider the amount of money you can spend to book a hotel and of course your needs. When booking a hotel, first consider your budget and book your room accordingly. This method helps to limit the search to a cost that you can afford when searching for a hotel, thus optimizing the time you spend searching for a hotel.
- Keep in mind that a low budget does not mean that you have to book a dirty hotel and a cheap room. It is good to know that many hotels offer different discounts for their guests.
- On the other hand, you may have gone on a business trip at the expense of your company and your company will cover your living expenses. Therefore, renting a hotel room is no longer a priority.
2. Deciding on accommodation
You have to decide on the room you want to book. Do you need a room for a family of four or do you just want a room for yourself? Before booking a hotel, pay full attention to the space and size of your room, the number of beds and, of course, the bathroom. If you are traveling with your family, then you probably need two large beds as well as a large bathroom. But if you are traveling alone, then a single bed and a not-so-large bathroom are sufficient.
- If you need facilities for the disabled, call before booking the hotel and see what facilities the hotel provides for the disabled. For example, are there wheelchairs for the disabled?
- Before booking a hotel, consider other facilities, such as a spa and gym. If you need a fixed internet connection, choose hotels that offer free Wi-Fi.
- If you are traveling with a family and a group of friends, then it is better to book a suite with a separate living room and bedroom instead of a hotel. In this case, you can all stay at the hotel without any restrictions and with privacy.
3. Identify the ideal location or area
Sometimes your accommodation is more important than the cost or facilities available at the hotel. Especially if you are looking for a comfortable place. For example, you might want a hotel that is close to your business or conference location; Or ask for a hotel that is close to a particular tourist attraction; Or maybe you want a hotel in the city center where you can access all the different parts of the city; Or you just want to be away from the hustle and bustle for a while and be a little alone with yourself, drive or go for a walk.
- If your trip is business, then look for a hotel that is close to your business meeting or conference venue.
- If you are going on a business trip, choose hotels that are a short distance from places of interest and entertainment and you can walk to those places or look for hotels that offer rental cars for easy transportation in and around the city.
4. Search hotels online
The fastest way to find a suitable hotel is to search online and you can do this using one of the hotel search engines. Using these search sites, you can carefully plan your entire day and night of your trip and find a hotel that has the facilities you want. You can also set aside your budget based on the information you get about the hotels.
- When you enter the items you want in the hotel search engine, hotels will be displayed with the conditions you requested. You can even ask the site to show you the options for the lowest to highest price when searching for the right hotel, or use the online map to check the geographical location of the hotels that are closest to your area.
- Remember that online search engines do not always indicate the extra cost of rooms. So when you read the descriptions of the hotels, pay attention to the small notes next to the price. Then book your favorite room.
- Some companies or Internet servers offer special discounts to all of their individuals or members. You can contact them and ask for more information.
5. Compare hotel rates
You can compare the prices of different hotels using online discount search tools. All you have to do is enter your travel date and budget. These sites will then search several sites and introduce you to hotels that are more in line with your needs and at the same time have a discount and are cheaper.
- Read the introduction section of these hotels to learn about cleanliness, customer service and amenities. Then, considering the hotel rate, evaluate the different items and see if that hotel suits your needs or not.
- Of course, some discount search tools require you to book a hotel before you know exactly which hotel you want to stay at. In such cases, before booking the hotel, read the descriptions about the room in small notes next to them to know what the rules and regulations of the hotel are.
6. Contact the hotel
If you want to book a hotel room at the last minute or rent a room at a better rate, then it is better to contact the hotel directly. In this case, you can have more and more accurate information about the hotel facilities and services for customers. When you contact the hotel reception you can ask all the questions you have. Also, it is better to call in the evenings. Because the hotel reception area is usually crowded in the mornings and afternoons.
Ask the following questions when contacting the hotel reservation:
- Does the hotel have a restaurant or cafe? Is room rental included with breakfast free?
- Is smoking allowed in the rooms?
- Is the hotel close to public transport or does it have facilities such as bicycle rental?
- What is the distance from the hotel to a specific area or place such as the beach?
- Which part of the hotel has a better view or less noise?
- Are there any facilities for the disabled?
- How can I cancel my reservation?
Step 2 – Hotel reservation
1. Book a room online
Once you have selected the room of your choice, you can book it through the hotel website. To do this, you must enter information about yourself, such as your name, surname, and travel date.
- You can also contact the hotel reception directly and book your room. Because the reception area is crowded in the mornings and afternoons, it is best to call in the evenings.
- If you want to make a group reservation and stay at a hotel for a conference or wedding, contact the hotel reception directly and speak. Many hotels do not include group booking rates on their websites, so you can book a hotel at the best price by calling.
2. Pay for the room using a credit card
Many hotels charge a rental fee after booking. If you are going on a business trip, pay the rent using your company credit card.
- As mentioned in the hotel comparison section, check out what discounts you can take advantage of.
- If you want to stay longer in the hotel, you must be able to pay the rent for 2 to 3 nights when booking and pay the rest of the rent when the room is picked up.
3. Ensure hotel booking is confirmed
After completing the booking process, you must receive the receipt online. In this case, you can make sure to book your room. You can also contact the hotel directly and make sure your room reservation is confirmed.
4. Careful study of hotel booking receipts
When you receive an online receipt, check your travel date and the rate you agree on. Additional costs, such as room cleaning, parking, and other costs, should be discussed in advance so that you do not encounter any surprises.
By following the steps above, you can safely book your favorite hotel.