The prestigious Siena Awards Festival, the Drone Awards Festival, has officially announced the 2020 award winners.
This year’s winners are stunning photos and new perspectives on the world.
The Drone Photo Awards is the world’s most crucial aerial photography and film competition. The competition is for aerial photography and includes films whose platforms include fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, drones, balloons, lifts, sight planes, rockets, kites, and parachutes. Siena awards are given to a different genre of photography and cannot be compared to traditional photography.
AAn opening reception for artists, invited media, photo editors and industry insiders for an evening of art and networking appreciation during one of the world’s largest international events dedicated to photography. ll award-winning photographers’ works will be exhibited at the Siena Awards Festival in Siena, Italy, in November. Siena is a city in Tuscany, Italy, and the capital of Siena province. The historic center of Siena has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Award winners from this festival are covered by the press coverage of publications and media around the world. This encounter can lead to global recognition and fame of their works. The winners and nominees of the Siena Awards are featured in important publications such as The Guardian, El Pais, Internazionale, Corriere Della Sera, The Times, The Sun, CNN, Spiegel Online, Daily Mirror.
In this festival, full copyright is reserved for photographers’ works. The drone awards competition is only for the promotion of the photographers themselves and in connection with the marketing of the competition itself.
Each year in this contest, one image wins the Grand Prix of Drone Photography. The title of drone photographer of the year 2020 was awarded to Jim Picot (Australian photographer) for the photo “Heart of Nature”, which is very incredible; To the extent that it doesn’t seem real. What is captured in this photo by this photographer is a school of salmon in Australia. The photo was recorded when a shark was swimming among the fish; A shark swimming in a heart-shaped formation created by fish.
Drone photographers from 126 countries entered the competition and submitted their work in 8 separate image categories. Life during covid 19, nature, people, sports, urban architecture, wedding and animals are among the categories of this competition.
All the winning images in this competition will be exhibited in the exhibition “Above us only the sky” from October 24th to November 29th at the Accademia dei Fisiocritici, one of the oldest science museums in Italy.
(Click on the images to view them in full size)
- Name of the photographer : Thomas Kowalski
- Photo title : Alien structure on Earth
- Description: Sometimes we need to change our perspective to feel the strength of the structure stronger than we thought. The Petronas Towers, also known as the Petronas Twin Towers, are twin skyscrapers in Kuala Lumpur. These towers were built from 1995 to 1998 by the Japanese and Koreans during a competition to complete the project and were connected by a bridge. These towers are among the tallest twin towers in the world. It is interesting to know that these towers received a bomb threat just one day after the September 11 disaster. No bomb was found; The special bomb disposal unit completely evacuated both towers. Employees and vendors were allowed to return only three hours after the complete evacuation. These towers are mostly administrative; So, in the first tower, most of the employees of the towers are located, and in the second tower, the offices of large global companies are located.
- Illustrator Name : Dmitri Valionov
- Photo title : Where the herons live
- Description : Many think that herons build nests in reeds or swamps; If the nest of these birds is located on the top of huge trees, and sometimes with a drone, it is possible to see them. The heron or kingfisher is a freshwater bird that lives in freshwater or coastal waters. All these birds feed on small animals on the ground. These birds fly in the sky slowly and very beautifully. Herons are similar to some birds from other families, such as terns, ekras, and kaffechnok; But contrary to these birds, which hold their necks straight and forward when flying, herons hold their necks up and backward when flying.
- Name of the photographer : Roberto Corinaldesi
- Photo title : On the sea
- Description : This photo depicts an aerial view of swimmers; When the sea becomes a shelter between the blue carpet and the white floor of the waves.
Classification of people
- Photographer’s name : Alessandra Meniconzi
- Photo title : Frozen land
- Description : With temperatures as low as minus 30 degrees Celsius, winters in Eurasia can be brutal. But this picture shows the fact that life in this part of the planet does not stop for any reason and local people go from one village to another by crossing frozen rivers and lakes. Eurasia starts in the west from the countries that are next to the Atlantic Ocean, namely Portugal and Spain (and maybe Ireland, Iceland and Great Britain) and extends to the eastern point of Russia, in the Bering Strait. The Bering Strait is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. The northern border of Eurasia includes Russia, Finland and Norway, which border the Arctic Ocean. The southern borders of Eurasia are the Mediterranean Sea, Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Classification of nature
- Name of the photographer : Joseph Cheers
- Photo title : Gray whale puts pressure on tourists
- Description : The photographer says in the description of this photo:
At the end of the gray whale season, I noticed that a gray whale had been playing with the boats for the past three years, pushing them gently. So a year later we visited that place and it was unbelievable that the gray whale appeared next to us and this photo is the result of this meeting.
- Photographer’s name: Paul Hollen
- Photo Title: Rising Phoenix
- Description : The rising phoenix is a symbol of the re-emergence of the phoenix from the ashes of fire. This symbol was removed by beginning a real regeneration process at the Owens Lake industrial mining site. After a destructive past and creating the most toxic waste in America, migratory birds are returning and life is beginning anew.
- Name of the photographer : Mohammad Azmil
- Photo Title : Tropical Bride
- Description : The photographer mentioned in the description of this photo that he used the flowers and leaves left over from the wedding decoration to make something creative.
Classification of life in the era of Corona
- Photographer’s name : Tomer Applebaum
- Photo title : Black flag
- Description : Thousands of Israelis maintain social distancing during a protest against then-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Rabin Square on April 19, 2020 due to Covid-19 restrictions.